Frequently asked questions
If you’re looking for:
- Understanding how your body and mind work in labour and how to influence it to your benefit.
- Eliminating the fear and anxiety about birth to enjoy your pregnancy fully.
- Getting to a place of calm and confidence and feeling excited about giving birth.
- Learning what to expect from a natural birth and its eventualities, interventions, and c-section (birth is unpredictable, we need to be ready for all scenarios)
- Having the tools to make labour and birth a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Knowing how to make informed decisions and making the right choices for you and your baby.
- Knowing how to navigate the maternity system with confidence and knowledge.
If these resonates, Hypnobirthing is right for you.
I’m here to help you feel empowered and excited about the birth of your baby.
The full Antenatal and Hypnobirthing course
This course blends complete antenatal/postnatal preparation with the benefits of hypnobirthing, you don’t need to take any other antenatal course aside if you don’t want to, I’ll get you all covered.
This is a 8 hour course, in groups or privately.
The express Antenatal and Hypnobirthing course
This is a compresed version of the full course, all Antenatal and Hypnobirthing are covered but no the postnatal and first days with the baby. This course is ideal for busy people, subsequent pregnancies or for the ones who are doing a diferent antenatal course (like NCT, bumps and baby, etc) If you want to go straight to the point this course is for you!
This is a 4 hour course that runs over two sessions, in groups or privately.
They don’t but I highly recommend it. Most birth partners arrive at the course very sceptical and leave extremely enthusiastic. When they are put in front of the facts and the logic of hypnobirthing they understand the relevancy of their role and the difference that they can make to the birth experience.
A hypnobirthing birth partner will be knowledgeable and able to support mum in labour and birth. They are a hugely important in the birthing room, and many mothers say, ‘I couldn’t have done it without them.’ They have practised together before the birth bringing them closer to mum and baby.
Your birth partner doesn’t need to be your life partner, you can attend with your mum, your friend, sister or any person that you think will be the best companion for that important day.
All courses are suitable from any time in your pregnancy. Most couples I teach are between 20-36 weeks pregnant when they start the course.
Because Hypnobirthing is not something you ‘switch on’ during labour – all the work is done during pregnancy, the earlier you do the course the better.
You receive all your hypnobirthing MP3s upon booking, so you can start to practice before your course begins.
If you are more than 36 weeks pregnant please get in touch, I can put togeher a fast track course for you.
To reserve your place on any of the courses you can do so by paying the full amount or a £50 deposit and the balance two weeks before the course starts. Upon booking you’ll receive the hypnobirthing mp3 with further instructions to start to practice for the big day.